Homemade pizza dough recipe that is ready to eat from start to finish in 30 minutes!
There’s no need for takeout when you can make homemade pizza dough from scratch and ready to eat in 30 minutes!
The original recipe comes from my friend Evelyn. We’ve been making it for over 10 years now and love how fast it is to make because you don’t need any rise time for the dough!
Supplies for homemade pizza dough
(This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.)
Mixing dough by hand option
However, you can mix this by hand if you don’t own a stand mixer. Just add the ingredients in a large bowl and stir. Then continue kneading the dough on a lightly floured surface for 5 minutes. Dough will be tacky but not completely sticking to fingers/hands. Add more flour if it is too sticky and knead in.
Roll out and shape pizza dough
After kneading, divide dough in half. Roll out one dough ball on a lightly floured surface using a rolling pin. Aim for dough 1/4′ – 1/2″ thick. Transfer dough to pizza pan. Prick dough several times with a fork to prevent large dough bubbles while baking.
How to make perfectly round pizza crust
My secret to rolling out and perfectly shaped pizza dough is using a pizza cutter to trim my uneven edges off. Voila, a perfectly shaped crust like the pros without any of the fuss.
Pre-bake pizza crust
Pre-bake pizza crust in oven for 5 minutes. This helps the crust cook thoroughly and makes it taste like a brick oven pizza crust.
Remove from oven and spread pizza sauce over the crust. Spread evenly.
Add pizza toppings
Sprinkle mozarella cheese on pizza.
Add pizza toppings on cheese. We like to add pepperoni, bell peppers, olives, finely diced onions, jalepeños (for the adults), pineapple and a sprinkle of Italian seasoning on our pizzas.
Don’t be shy when it comes to creating your own pizza.
Try using BBQ sauce instead with some shredded chicken and pineapple on top for a BBQ chicken pizza.
Or use thick slices of mozzarella with fresh basil on top for a nice fresh margarita pizza.
- 1 1/3 cup warm water
- 1 tbsp active dry yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp oil
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 jar pizza sauce
- 16 oz grated mozzarella cheese
- Toppings of your choice such as pepperoni Italian seasoning, bell peppers, olives, mushrooms, etc.
- (This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.)
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- In a stand mixer, add all the ingredients together in the order listed. Knead for 5 minutes.
- (Or mix by hand in a large mixing bowl, using a large spoon. Then knead by hand for several minutes until a ball of dough has formed that doesn't stick to your hands.)
- Divide the dough in half. Using a rolling pin, roll out one of the dough halves onto a lightly floured surface and shape dough to fit pizza pan. Dough will be about 1/4 - 1/2" thick after rolling. Transfer dough to pizza pan. Prick dough several times with a fork to prevent large bubbles when baking.
- Cook pizza crust in oven for 5-8 minutes. It will not be cooked through yet, that's ok. Remove from oven and spread half of the pizza sauce over the crust evenly. Sprinkle cheese and then the toppings on top.
- Return to oven to cook for another 8-11 minutes until cheese is all melted and the crust looks golden.
- Repeat the process for the second pizza, using the remaining dough. Use a pizza cutter to slice and serve!