Delicious homemade whipped cream that takes 5 minutes to make and is smooth and fluffy! tastes so good, you’ll never go back store bought!
If you’ve never made homemade whipped cream using actual heavy whipping cream, then are you in for a treat! It’s rich yet light and fluffy creamy taste is just about heaven on earth as it melts into your mouth. Homemade whipped cream is so easy and quick to come together, you’ll wonder why you’ve only used store-bought whipped topping before. We use this whipped cream on top of our favorite pies or anytime a recipe calls for cool whip.
(This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.)
What you’ll need to make Homemade Whipped Cream
- 1 cup cold heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (I like to use clear vanilla so that the end result is a bright white. If you have regular brown colored vanilla extract, that’s ok too. The color will be more creamy off-white.)
How to make Homemade whipped cream
Add all ingredients into a large mixing bowl or stand mixer. Using a hand mixer or stand mixer, whisk on high speed for approximately 5 minutes or until stiff peaks form. Pause mixing occasionally to test how the peaks are forming when the whisk is raised from the cream. Once they’re holding their shape in stiff peaks, it’s ready!
- After a few minutes of whisking on high speed, the cream starts to thicken.
- Continue whisking on high until cream starts climbing up the whisk and looks like it’s holding it shape.
- Pause periodically when it reaches this point until stiff peaks form when whisk is lifted. Don’t over whisk or your whipped cream may become grainy. Makes approximately 2 cups whipped cream.
Refrigerate whipped cream if not using immediately. Store leftovers in the fridge in a covered container, best if used within 24 hours. You can freeze leftovers, however, the mouth feel texture may be altered.
- 1. Add all ingredients into a large mixing bowl or stand mixer. Using a hand mixer or stand mixer, whisk on high speed for approximately 5 minutes or until stiff peaks form. Pause whisking occasionally to test how the peaks are forming when the whisk is raised from the cream. Once they're holding their shape in stiff peaks, it's ready to serve! Careful not to over beat as the texture can become grainy.
- Serve on top of pies or in the place of cool whip in recipes. Serve right away or cover bowl and refrigerate until ready to serve. Best if used within 24 hours. Can be frozen but may alter the mouth feel texture of the cream.