Instant Pot buffalo wings are full of flavor, spicy heat, fall off the bone tender with a crispy skin cooked to perfection. The Instant Pot cooks the chicken quickly while the oven (or air fryer) creates the perfect crispy layer afterwards. Paleo and gluten free!
INSTANT POT BUFFALO WINGS
These Instant Pot buffalo wings are so quick and easy to make, you’ll wonder why you ever waited so long to make them. Buffalo chicken wings are also perfect to serve as appetizers at a party, bring to work for potlucks, or watching the game on tv.
The buffalo wing sauce used is Whole 30 and Paleo friendly. It will surprise you just how easy these appetizers are to make!
HOW TO MAKE INSTANT POT CHICKEN WINGS
- Add water into Instant Pot.
- Place trivet in bottom of pot.
- Add chicken wings (fresh or frozen)
- Cook on high pressure for 10 min. with a quick pressure release.
- Remove wings from pot into a large mixing bowl.
- Add sauce to wings and stir.
- Place wings on a large metal rack on top of a baking sheet lined with foil.
- Broil for 3 min. Take out oven and flip. Bake for another 3-5 minutes or until desired crispy edges are achieved.
- Remove from oven and plate your wings. Cover with extra sauce from bowl.
- Serve with your favorite ranch dressing.
AIR FRYER CHICKEN WINGS
- Repeat steps 1-6 above.
- Place wings in air fryer basket in a single layer. This will create the best over all crispy edges.
- Cook for 5 minutes at 400 F degrees.
- Take out basket and flip wings.
- Cook for another 3-5 minutes, until done.
- Repeat with remaining wings.
We love our air fryer for cooking so many things. The air fryer end results for these buffalo wings are pretty identical with broiling in the oven. So unless you’re making a small batch in the air fryer, I recommend broiling the Instant Pot buffalo wings in the oven to cook the entire 3 lb batch at once to save on time.
If you happen to have any leftovers, or your hubby missed dinner from working late and needs to reheat his chicken wings, the air fryer is PERFECT for this! It gets the fat to release more juices and crisps right back up without getting dry. Reheat in air fryer at 350 F for 5 minutes.
Instant Pot Buffalo Wings
These buffalo wings are super easy to make in the Instant Pot followed by a quick broil or crisp up in your air fryer!
- 3/4 cup water
- 3 lb chicken wings, frozen or fresh
- 1 cup Frank's hot sauce
Add water into Instant Pot. Place trivet into bottom of pot. Add chicken wings onto the trivet.
Close lid. Turn knob to sealing and cook on high for 10 minutes followed with a quick pressure release.
In a large mixing bowl, combine hot sauce and chicken wings. Stir to coat well.
Prepare a large baking sheet with a layer of foil on top. Place a wire baking rake on top of foil. Place a single layer of wings across the wire rack.
Broil in oven 6" on oven rack about 6" below the heating elements. Cook for 3 minutes. Remove from oven and flip wings. Return to oven for another 3-5 minutes, until golden and crispy.
Serve with extra sauce drizzled on top and dip in your favorite ranch.
Air Fryer Method:
Follow steps 1-3 above. Then place wings in a single layer in the air fryer. Bake at 400 F for 5 min. Remove basket and flip wings. Cook for another 3-4 minutes until done.
Chicken wings reheat best in the air fryer at 350 F for 5 minutes or in an oven.