Perfect fluffy quinoa is so quick and easy to make in the Instant Pot!
Quinoa cooked in the Instant Pot is so quick, easy and turns out perfectly fluffy every time! I mean, the recipe is so simple and basic, just like cooking rice.
There are so many dishes that you can make using quinoa too! Anything that you would use rice for, you can substitute with quinoa.
This Instant Pot Salsa Chicken Quinoa recipe is one of our favorites to make on a night when you need to throw a healthy dinner together quickly.
Cooking liquid ratio for quinoa
The cooking ratio for quinoa to liquid is the same as rice too, 1:1. That means for every cup of quinoa you add an equal cup of liquid of water or broth.
I prefer cooking my quinoa in some chicken broth for more depth and flavor but feel free to use any broth or even water.
If using water, you might enjoy it even more with a little salt added.
Bone broth is an excellent choice to cook with quinoa, packing it full of healing vitamins and minerals with a delicious flavor.
Psst, I have an Instant Pot Bone Broth recipe that’s super easy to make too.
How to cook perfect fluffy instant pot quinoa
- Rinse quinoa in a fine mesh sieve until water runs clear (this removes the bitter flavor).
- Add drained quinoa and liquid into the Instant Pot. Stir.
- Pressure cook on high for 1 minute followed by a 10 minute natural pressure release.
- Quick release any remaining pressure.
- Open lid. Fluff quinoa with a fork. Serve and enjoy!
(This post contains affiliate links. This means that I receive a small commission (at no cost to you) if you purchase something through the links provided. Thank you for supporting Jenuine Home!)
Try this favorite recipe to substitute with quinoa:
Instant Pot Teriyaki Chicken (sub rice with quinoa)
(This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.)
Instant Pot Quinoa
- 2 cups quinoa rinsed
- 2 cups chicken broth broth of choice or water
- Using a fine mesh sieve, rinse quinoa under water until it runs clear.
- Add quinoa and broth or water into Instant Pot. Stir.
- Pressure cook on high for 1 minute on high. Natural pressure release for 10 minutes. Quick release any remaining pressure.
- Open lid and fluff quinoa with a fork. Serve with your favorite main dish!