Instant Pot Chocolate Pumpkin Cheesecake
We love all things pumpkin. Instant Pot Pumpkin Steel Cut Oats are made for breakfast almost every day. Pumpkin pie is at every holiday meal and for my hubby’s birthday. So naturally, I had to create a pumpkin cheesecake. But not just any pumpkin cheesecake but one with chocolate! I love how the chocolate topping and chocolate cookie crust make a happy introduction and end with a happy pumpkin middle.
WHY THIS CHOCOLATE PUMPKIN CHEESECAKE IS SO DELICIOUS
- This is cheesecake, need I say more?
- Okay fine, this is pumpkin flavored too. Give me all things pumpkin!
- Alright, we can’t forget something as important as chocolate! This instant pot pumpkin cheesecake has chocolate on top AND a chocolate cookie crust on bottom. Mic drop.
- Making this in the steamy environment of the Instant Pot, allows the cheesecake to remain soft and creamy, without cracking on top. This creates a chocolate pumpkin cheesecake that’s a show stopper when you’re all finished.
- Full fat cream cheese. Just do it, you’re already making cheesecake. Make it taste gooood with the full fat kind.
THINGS NEEDED TO MAKE INSTANT POT CHOCOLATE PUMPKIN CHEESECAKE
- parchment paper
- nonstick spray (we like non-aerosal avocado oil)
- Cheesecake pan that will fit inside 6QT Instant Pot. Use this stainless steel push pan with a handle (genius) or this springform pan.
- food processor or electric mixer
- Cooling rack
Don’t be scared at making your first cheesecake in the Instant Pot! Once you try your first homemade cheesecake, you’ll be hooked! It really isn’t that hard and the rewards are worth it. Think of all the different kinds you can make! The possibilities are endless. Homemade cheesecakes also make the perfect gift for a hostess, teacher or dessert for work parties!
Instant Pot Chocolate Pumpkin Cheesecake
- 1 1/2 cups Oreo cookies (about 12-15)
- 2 tbsp butter melted
- 2 8 oz full fat cream cheese room temperature, (I like Philadelphia brand)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar (you can sub sugar)
- 2 tbsp All purpose flour
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 7 " Springform cheesecake pan
- Instant Pot trivet
- Parchment Paper
- Nonstick spray or coconut oil
- Allow cream cheese and eggs to come to room temperature before beginning recipe. You can speed up this process by placing the eggs in a bowl of warm water for a few minutes. Place cream cheese on a plate and microwave for several seconds, being careful not to melt it or let it get too soft if you want to speed up the process of making it come to room temperature.
Prepare the Pan:
- Meanwhile, prepare the 7" springform cheesecake pan. Release the spring and remove the top ring of pan. Cut a piece of parchment to fit the bottom of the pan (tracing with a pencil helps). Place ring back on cheesecake pan and secure lever. Spray sides and bottom of the pan and place the parchment on the bottom. The spray will help it stay in place.
Prepare the Crust:
- In a food processor, blend cookies into crumbs. Add melted butter and blend again until combined.
- Add crust crumbs into the prepared cheesecake pan. Press the edges of the crust about 1-1.5" up the sides of the pan. Place crust pan in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, add room temperature cream cheese, sugar and flour. Blend until combined and smooth. Add pumpkin puree, vanilla and pumpkin pie spice and blend.
- Add eggs and slowly turn on mixer and mix until just barely incorporating the eggs into the batter. Mix in the eggs by hand the rest of the way until just mixed together (this will prevent the cheesecake from rising too much and overflowing).
- Pour cheesecake batter into prepared crust and pan. Using the foil, tear off a long enough piece to create a sling for the cheesecake pan. Take the piece of foil and fold it in half hotdog style and then again in half again. You will now have a piece that is about 4-5" in width and about 22" in length. You will use this to help lift the cheesecake pan out of the Instant Pot.
- In the Instant Pot, place the trivet and 1 cup of water into the inner pot. Insert the foil sling. Place cheesecake pan on trivet and sling. The foil will now have long enough handles to grab above the pan. Tuck them down between the sides of the pan and the pot if you need to move them out of the way to close the lid. Make sure you have your sweet sealing ring on the lid and not a savory garlic smelling one. Close the lid.
- Turn knob to sealing and pressure cook on high for 30 minutes, followed by a 10 minute natural pressure release. Quick release any remaining time.
- Open the lid carefully preventing the condensation from spilling onto the cheesecake in the process. If too much condensation has accumulated on cheesecake, use a paper towel to gently soak up the water. You don't need to press down, just place the paper towel on the wet area and it will soak up easily.
- Using the foil sling, lift cheesecake pan out of the Instant Pot and place on a wire rack. Using a thin knife or flat spatula, gently insert and run along the inside edge of pan and cheesecake to help release cheesecake from the edges. Leave alone to cool for about an hour.
- After the hour is up, open the spring release on the pan and take off the ring. Transfer pan bottom with the cheesecake still on it to the refrigerator and allow it to chill for 4 hours or overnight.
- When you are ready to serve the cheesecake, it's time to prepare the chocolate topping. Add chocolate chips and coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl. Heat in microwave for 30 seconds. Stir and continue to microwave in 15-30 second increments until fully melted and smooth.
- Transfer cheesecake to serving plate, if desired. Spread chocolate on top of cheesecake evenly. The chilled cheesecake will cool and harden the chocolate back to a crispy shell on top. Or eat right away while the chocolate topping is still creamy!