Easy Gluten free Dairy free Bread Machine bread recipe that’s delicious, moist, perfect for sandwiches, toast or by the slice.
(This post contains affiliate links. This means that I receive a small commission (at no cost to you) if you purchase something through the links provided. Thank you for supporting Instant Pot Creations!)
This perfect bread machine gluten free bread is our family’s newest miracle in living a gluten free lifestyle. It is delicious and as my hubby said,”it tastes just like regular homemade bread”. Which, for those who are familiar with gluten free products, is saying something! The texture is perfect and springy, like regular bread. This gluten free bread is not dry in the slightest. It’s perfectly soft and chewy inside with a firm crust.
WHY MAKING BREAD MACHINE GLUTEN FREE BREAD IS AMAZING
- Not much is better than the smell of homemade bread going through the house. This bread smells just like regular bread, making your mouth water even before it’s done cooking.
- It’s so much cheaper to make your own perfect bread machine gluten free bread!
- The taste, the texture and satisfaction of amazing gluten free bread.
- Gluten free dough is super sticky and hard to hold its shape. The bread machine makes the perfect gluten free bread without having to touch the dough or worry about the shape.
- The bread machine mixes, sets timed rises and bakes, all in one machine! No having to set timers and remembering to check the dough.
- You don’t have to worry about being ready to take it out immediately upon completion. The bread machine goes straight to keep warm mode!
- Clean up couldn’t be easier. Just clean the pan and paddle, which take me approx 3 minutes or less.
- No heating up the house in the summer to use the oven to cook bread. Especially helpful if you live in places like Arizona (like we used to) and you avoid all oven baked type meals for 6 months of the year.
Buying a loaf of gluten free bread feels like it costs as much as a car payment each month. Ok, maybe I’m exaggerating a tad, but it sure feels like a crazy amount to spend a loaf of bread! With my 4 children, we go through 2 loaves per week just on bread for sandwiches for school lunches, easily costing at least $12 per week on bread that is just ok tasting and somewhat dry. We were eating those store bought loaves for several months until this recipe was born!
My desire to ditch the store bought/gluten free bread for something that tasted far better, sent me on a mission to make good bread. But there was no way that I had time to make bread every few days by hand.
Enter my holiday shopping during Black Friday and a wishful window shopping trip through Williams Sonoma. I saw this little bread machine and was floored not only by its compact size but I was pleased to see the almost normal sandwich sized loaf pan. Expecting it to be $300, I walked by but the store attendant approached me and so I decided to ask the price. I was thrilled to see that it was under $100! After some thought, I decided to wait on it.
After I got home, I couldn’t get the bread machine out of my head so I checked on amazon to see if it was available there. It was! And for a little bit cheaper. I bought it in a heart beat, when I saw that it had a gluten free bread option.
As soon as my bread machine arrived in the mail, I wanted to bake a loaf of bread right away. The user manual has a gluten free recipe listed in it. I didn’t have 2 of the ingredients listed and I also wanted to make it refined sugar and dairy free.
I tweaked the recipe with my needed modifications and the result was a house filling with the aroma of fresh bread baking and a deliciously soft, perfectly elastic bread texture with a flavor that could rival traditional bread. The only problem we have with making the perfect bread machine gluten free bread, is that now we want to gobble up each fresh loaf right away instead of keeping some for sandwiches the next day.
I just love how easy it is to make! Best of all, no handling of the sticky dough or trying to shape it and hope that it rises properly. This recipe really is so simple! Just dump in the order listed and push start.The bread loaf slips out of the pan effortlessly after baking onto the cooling rack.
I will mention that this gluten free bread loaf size only comes in the 1.5lb option instead of the bigger 2lb loaf. Which is kinda annoying, and I was able to 1.25x my recipe to make it into a 2lb loaf size, but the top sunk because it couldn’t handle that big of a rise. And I had to babysit the mixing process, helping the paddle mix the dough with my spatula turning the batter over on the top towards the bottom.
So for the no fail recipe, I offer the 1.5lb loaf size for now.
WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE BREAD MACHINE GLUTEN FREE BREAD
- Bread machine. This is the compact model that we own and love. It’s so small, it fits inside my cereal cupboard!
- Bobs Red Mill Gluten Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour
- Oil or butter
- Honey or sugar
- Active dry yeast
- Cooling rack.
HOW TO MAKE THE PERFECT BREAD MACHINE GLUTEN FREE BREAD
- Add ingredients in order listed and secure loaf pan in bread machine.
- Select gluten free mode and push start. The kneading process will start.
3. After the kneading process, there will be one rise for the dough. Then it bakes the bread.
4. After baking is done, remove the pan onto a cooling rack and slide bread out. After it cools for 20 minutes, remove the paddle.
5. After it’s cooled, slice and enjoy! This bread also toasts perfectly. We haven’t tried freezing it yet to see how that fares as we’ve always eaten through the loaf too quickly.
FAVORITE WAY TO STORE GLUTEN FREE BREAD
We have recently discovered the realm of wax food wraps. We bought some from Trader Joe’s and not only does it work from preventing my bread from getting stale (which happens easily with gluten free bread), it also softens the crust just a little, making it easier to eat. Here’s how it works.
- Place bread in middle of a large wrap.
2. Fold up one corner toward the center of loaf.
3. Continue bringing each corner to the center, tucking in the sides like you would wrapping a present.
4. Press down on the last corner flap and pinch edges until it sticks to itself and stays in place.
That’s it! Super easy to use and clean (just use hot water). I love that by using this eco friendly wax wraps, we are reducing the amount of plastic used in our home. Plus, my kids always have a hard time sealing up bread bag with ties anyway.
Need more ideas?
- Venison Chili
- Instant Pot Bacon Green Beans
- Instant Pot Teriyaki Chicken
- How to Remove Smell from Instant Pot Ring
- Deep Clean your Instant Pot
Perfect Bread Machine Gluten Free Bread
So easy to make bread machine and so delicious that you wouldn't believe it's gluten free!
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup oil or 4 tbsp dairy free butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp honey or sugar
- 3 1/4 cup Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour
- 2 tsp active dry yeast
Add all ingredients, in the order listed, into the bread machine loaf pan (make sure kneading paddle is in the pan).
Place pan in bread machine and select gluten free program, then start. After 3-5 minutes of kneading, gently scrape down the dry ingredients stuck on the sides of the pan with a spatula.
The bread machine will take care of the rest including the rise and baking. It will beep when done, about 2 hours15 minutes from the start.