Deliciously fluffy gluten free pancakes that are so easy to make because they use Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Pancake Mix. This gluten free pancake recipe is also naturally dairy free and soy free too!
Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Pancakes Mix
I’ve tried several gluten free and dairy free pancake recipes online and all of them left me really missing out on the taste and texture of regular pancakes.
This gluten free pancake recipe solves those issues from not only tasting delightfully delicious to perfectly pour-able on the griddle, leveling out and puffing right up into the fluffy pancake shape.
Bob’s Red Mill gluten free pancake mix really makes this recipe turn out so good. I’m not being paid to say this; we just love this mix so much!
Note that this recipe is not the one listed on the back of their pancake mix, but is my recipe using their pancake mix to make it even better.
Do you want to know best part of making these from Bob’s gluten free pancake mix? These easy gluten free pancakes taste EVEN BETTER than regular pancakes! They really have become our favorite pancake recipe.
Goodness, I’m hungry now.
why this is the best gluten free pancake recipe
- Easy to make because of Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Pancake Mix
- Naturally dairy free/soy free/nut free for those with dietary restrictions
- Easy to pour and levels out well on griddle
- Fluffy pancakes with a high rise
- Texture and mouth feel just like regular pancakes
- Tastes even better than regular pancakes. I think it’s because of the gluten free flour blend of sweet rice flour.
- Turn a perfect golden color
- Makes a large batch to easily feed a family of 6 with a couple pancakes leftover to snack on later.
- For those with smaller families, this recipe makes it easy to cook a bunch of pancakes all at the same time to meal prep and refrigerate or freeze for breakfasts later in the week.
(This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.)
Items used for pancakes
You’ll absolutely need Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Pancake Mix. You can also buy it in bulk from stores like Smart Food Service.
I’m using this electric griddle which is really large and holds a lot of big pancakes!
I LOVE this nonstick avocado spray. I usually buy it from Costco in a 2-pack. It has a high smoke point and doesn’t have any bad stuff (propellants) in it!
I love using a strong metal whisk to mix up the heavy pancake batter.
A really large mixing bowl is needed for this pancake recipe
Don’t forget the maple syrup, the real stuff. It tastes so much better and is healthier than the imitation kind.
How to make pancakes
- Preheat griddle to medium high heat about 375F. I like to get this going first so that by the time my pancake batter is mixed, it’s nice and hot and helps give a quick rise to make fluffy gluten free pancakes with that perfect golden color we all love.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all the dry ingredients. Mix to combine.
- Add remaining ingredients and whisk together batter until lumps are gone. Add additional water a little at a time as needed until the pancake batter reaches the right pouring consistency. It it’s too thick, the pancakes won’t level out well on the griddle. If the batter is too thin, you’ll have thin pancakes that won’t rise as high.
- Spray the griddle with non stick spray right before pouring pancake batter.
- Pour pancakes onto griddle.
- Wait until the pancakes look puffy with rounded edges that look almost cooked and bubbly on top like the picture above, about 4 minutes. Flip the pancakes and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Repeat for remaining pancake batter.
- You may notice that the batter thickens as it rests in between batches. This is due to starches expanding further. Add and whisk in a little more water to correct batter to a pour-able consistency again.
(Gluten free pancakes cooking on electric griddle showing how they should look right before flipping.)
(Gluten free pancakes are beautifully golden after flipping)
Now the pancakes are ready to eat. Top them with butter (or your favorite non dairy butter), maple syrup and fruit.
I love blueberries on top or adding blueberries right into the pancake batter too! My hubby’s personal favorite is slathering his pancakes with peanut butter.
more Gluten free breakfast ideas
- Creamy Instant Pot Coconut Steel Cut Oats
- Gluten Free and Nut Free Granola
- Perfect Bread Machine Gluten Free Bread is perfect for toast
- Instant Pot Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs are great for those grab and go breakfasts
Fluffy Gluten Free Pancakes
- 6 cups Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Pancake Mix
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp Himalayan pink salt
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 5 eggs
- 4 1/2 cup water (or more for desired consistency)
Preheat griddle to medium high heat, about 375F.
In a large bowl, combine all ingredients in the order listed. Whisk together until batter is smooth and lumps are gone. More water may be added until desired pouring consistency. The batter will thicken as it rests, so a little water added later to the batter bowl may be necessary.
Spray griddle with nonstick spray. Ladle pancakes onto preheated griddle. Flip pancakes after they have risen with some bubbles forming at the top and edges start to round out, about 4 minutes. Continue to cook on the other side for another 3 minutes or until golden brown.
Serve with butter (or non dairy butter), maple syrup and your favorite fruit on top.