Gluten Free Cinnamon Raisin French Toast made in the Instant Pot makes breakfast easy and delicious.
Instant Pot gluten free french toast is like the delicious overnight french toast casserole bake grandma used to make but without the overnight part being necessary.
The steam cooking environment of the Instant Pot means that your cinnamon roll tasting french toast will stay soft, moist and not dry out.
Bread & Milk Recommendation
Feel free to use any gluten free bread but we prefer making this with Franz Gluten Free Cinnamon Raisin bread for the best results.
Udi’s ended up being a crumbly mess, so I don’t recommend that for this recipe.
No need to worry about gluten free? Try this with your favorite crusty bread, it will work just as well!
This Instant Pot cinnamon raisin french toast recipe is also dairy free with the use of coconut milk but feel free to use regular milk if dairy isn’t an issue.
How long to cook Instant Pot French Toast
Don’t stress when you see how long it takes to cook when trying to figure out how to fit this into your morning routine. If your morning routine takes an hour, then you have time to make this!
Wake up and spend 10 minutes of prep time to make this recipe. Then let the Instant Pot do the cooking while you shower and get ready for the day.
It will be ready and waiting for you when you are!
Because cereal can get boring to eat every day.
(This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.)
Accessories Needed For Instant Pot Gluten Free French Toast
- Oven safe cooking dish such as this pyrex bowl.
- Foil to cover bowl and to create a sling to help lift bowl out of Instant Pot.
- Or use this silicone sling to make lifting out easy (which is my preferred method shown above).
- Trivet (comes with Instant Pot) if using foil method.
How to make foil sling:
Rip off a piece of foil, long enough to fit inside the Instant Pot to reach the bottom and come up to the rim on both sides. Then fold the foil in half lengthwise and then fold in half lengthwise again.
Then when you place the pot inside, your foil sling will have handles long enough to help lift out.
Although the foil sling will work in most cases, it really does make your life easier to use the silicone sling.
No more worrying about the foil tipping and possibly spilling your contents on the way out.
How to make Instant Pot French Toast
- Spray oven safe bowl with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, syrup, cinnamon and vanilla together.
- Chop bread into 1″ cubes.
- Add bread into egg mixture. Combine until bread is coated and mixture is absorbed.
- Pour half of bread mixture into greased oven safe bowl. Sprinkle half of raisins on top.
- Add remaining bread mixture on top followed by the rest of the raisins sprinkled on top.
- Cover bread mixture with foil.
- Add 1 cup of water into bottom of Instant Pot.
- If using foil sling method, place trivet in bottom of Instant Pot. Then place foil sling on top with handles coming up to the rim on both sides. Place bowl on sling.
- If using the silicone sling method, place foil covered bowl on silicone sling base and lower down into the Instant Pot.
- Pressure cook on high for 30 minutes followed by a 10 minute natural pressure release (this means leave it alone for 10 minutes after cooking).
- Quick release any remaining pressure by turning the knob manually. Caution for the hot steam!
- Serve with drizzled maple syrup or warm applesauce on top.
More Breakfast Ideas:
More Instant Pot Meals:
Instant Pot Cinnamon Raisin French Toast (Gluten Free)
- 1 loaf gluten-free cinnamon raisin bread (best results with Franz GF bread)
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut milk canned or refrigerated carton milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup plus more for drizzle
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup raisins
- non stick spray
- Instant Pot Trivet
- Oven Safe bowl or baking dish with 7 cup capacity (We use Pyrex 1.65 liter glass bowl)
- Instant Pot sling accessory or foil to make sling
- Spray inside bottom and sides of oven safe bowl with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, syrup, cinnamon and vanilla together.
- Remove 3-4 slices of bread from full loaf (these won't be used). Chop up remaining slices of bread into 1" cubes.
- Add bread into eggs and mix together. Coat the egg mixture with the bread until absorbed.
- Pour half of bread mixture into prepared greased bowl. Sprinkle half of raisins on top. Add remaining bread mixture and sprinkle raisins on top. Cover bowl with foil.
- Add 1 cup of water into Instant Pot.
- If using foil sling method, place trivet in bottom of Instant Pot. Then place foil sling on top trivet with handles coming up to the rim on both sides. Place bowl on sling.
- If using the silicone sling method, place foil covered bowl on silicone sling base and using the handles, lower down into the Instant Pot.
- Close lid and turn knob to sealing position. Pressure cook on high for 30 minutes. Allow 10 minute natural pressure release. Manually release any remaining pressure.
- Serve with maple syrup drizzled or warm apple sauce on top.