Instant Pot Gluten Free Ramen
USING LEFTOVERS TO MAKE INSTANT POT GLUTEN FREE RAMEN
This Instant Pot gluten free ramen was something I improvised and created in just 30 minutes! I needed to throw together a quick hot meal to feed my hungry crew after a day playing in the snow and sandwiches just weren’t going to do.
We had lots of odd leftovers and produce that needed to be used up in the fridge before they went to waste. All of the veggies ended up coming together and pairing so well with each other. We love this gluten free ramen so much, that I decided to document it and make it part of our meatless meal rotation! Especially after my 5 yr old told me that I’m the best mommy ever for making this soup.
30 MINUTES FROM START TO EATING INSTANT POT RAMEN
Feel free to use any veggies you have on hand whether frozen or fresh to help you create your own ‘dump and go’ meal like this! Really, most veggies would taste amazing with this broth base. This Instant Pot gluten free ramen soup took only 30 minutes from start to finish to cook using the saute mode (no pressure cooking). I made this soup in my 8qt so if using a 6qt, divide the recipe in half. Or cook on your stove top in a big soup pot.
We love being able to eat ramen again by using gluten free rice ramen noodles. We use the Lotus brand that we can find at Costco. Use your own favorite ramen noodles if you are not gluten free. Our family of 6 ate almost the entire batch of soup for our late lunch (hence why I always use my 8qt to make batches of soup).
PS. Don’t skip the sesame oil, it’s definitely a major flavor component for this Instant Pot ramen!
Instant Pot Gluten Free Ramen
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 onion diced
- 1/2 head cabbage chopped
- 12 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup snap peas
- 1 cup carrots diced or julienned
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper diced
- 3 tbsp coconut aminos or soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 12 drops fish sauce
- 1 tsp garlic minced (or 2 cloves)
- 1 tsp salt or more to taste
- 3 gluten free rice noodle ramen cakes (we like Lotus brand)
- sprinkle chili pepper flakes
*Note that this is an 8qt recipe. Divide in half if using a 6qt or cook on your stove using a large stock pot. This meal is cooked using saute mode (not pressure cook).
- Push saute mode and adjust until setting is on the MORE or hottest saute temp. Wait until the screen reads HOT.
- Add oil and onion. Saute until onion is translucent.
- Add remaining ingredients except rice ramen and chili flakes. Stir and cook until soup reaches a boil.
- Turn off heat by pressing cancel. Add rice cakes and let sit for 2-3 minutes. They cook quickly. Afterwards, carefully separate the noodles using a fork. Stir to combine.
- Serve with chili peppers on top if you like spicy ramen.
Good day! I could have sworn I’ve visited this site before but after browsing through many of the posts I realized it’s new
to me. Nonetheless, I’m definitely happy I came across it and I’ll be book-marking
it and checking back regularly!
Thank you! Glad you found the blog!
Can you use something other than fish sauce? I am not a big fish fan but the rest looks wonderful.
You can just omit the fish sauce.