Easy Instant Pot Lasagna Soup
Instant Pot Lasagna soup has all of the delicious taste of traditional lasagna without all of the work in an easy one pot meal that your family will love.
Instant Pot Lasagna Soup
This Instant Pot lasagna soup is one of the best comfort meals out there, a take on the classic lasagna that you bake in the oven. The best part is that you can cook this lasagna soup in the Instant Pot without having to babysit the stove or spend hours making it!
This soup is my main go-to meal to bring to someone who’s just had a baby or needs a dinner brought to them. Instant Pot lasagna soup is an easy dinner to make that is also addicting. You’re going to want another bowl full.
(As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.)
Easy One pot meal
This soup cooks everything all in one pot too. Saute the meat right in the Instant Pot and then add the rest of the ingredients, pressure cook and boom, dinner is ready.
Here are some other easy one pot meals you’ll love, Instant Pot Spaghetti or Teriyaki Chicken and Rice.
Toppings and sides for INSTANT POT Lasagna Soup
Serve with a sprinkle of mozzarella cheese or a dollop of ricotta on top of the lasagna soup.
Finish off the meal by including some crusty bread or garlic breadsticks served one the side.
Tips for Preventing Meat Sticking in Instant Pot
Push saute mode on Instant Pot and wait until the screen display reads HOT. This step is key to creating a more nonstick like surface for your stainless steel pot.
Always Preheat Stainless Steel
When the pan heats up, the tiny pores in the stainless steel close and smooth down. When this happens, cooked food is able to come off easier, making clean up no more difficult than a nonstick pan. If you do experience some meat or food bits stuck on the bottom of the Instant Pot, be sure to deglaze the pan before pressure cooking.
After the pot reads HOT on the screen, add oil and other ingredients.
Be sure to follow this tip each time you use the saute mode on the Instant Pot and you’ll have a much easier pot to clean later! Plus, it will be easier to deglaze.
Need to deep clean your Instant Pot? Or remove the smell from your sealing ring?
Deglaze Instant Pot
Deglazing is the term to describe the process of removing the fried on pieces of food that’s stuck on the bottom of the pan. For this recipe, you deglaze the Instant Pot by adding a little water to the pot while on saute mode and scraping the bottom clean by using a spatula.
Prevent Burn Error
Deglazing the pot before pressure cooking will help prevent any possible BURN error appearing on the screen.
We love to use real lasagna noodles for this soup. Both oven-ready style boxed and traditional boxed lasagna noodles work for this recipe. Make sure you break the noodles up into bite size pieces before cooking. We have also used penne pasta and loved the result.
Gluten Free Option
This lasagna soup recipe is easy to make gluten free by switching the noodles with your favorite brand. We prefer these gluten free Tinkyada lasagna noodles the best.
Check out these yummy gluten free recipes. Or these gluten free Instant Pot recipes.
I LOVE my Mix and Chop from the Pampered Chef. It helps cook and chop up ground meat so easily in the Instant Pot.
Cutting board to chop onions
- 1 lb mild Italian ground sausage
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 4 cups water
- 3 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 9 lasagna noodles uncooked and broken up into smaller pieces
- 2 tbsp dried parsley or 4 tbsp fresh
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp sugar this helps cut the acid
- 1 1/2 tsp basil
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds
- mozzarella cheese or dollop of ricotta on top to serve
- Push sauté mode button on Instant Pot. Wait until pot reads HOT on screen and then add oil, sausage and onion. Brown the meat and cook onions until translucent. Add garlic towards the end of cooking, to prevent burning.
- Add 1 cup of water into Instant Pot and deglaze the pan by scraping the cooked bits of food off the bottom with a spatula.
- Add remaining 3 cups of water, tomato sauce, noodles and seasonings and stir.
- Push cancel to stop saute mode. Place lid on Instant Pot and turn venting knob to sealing position. Cook on manual high pressure for 10 minutes. Quick release the pressure.
- Serve with mozzarella or ricotta cheese on top of soup with a side of breadsticks.